Thursday 20 September 2012

Book day!

My books arrived today! I had been like a child at Christmas waiting for them but I suspect that will soon wear off.

There are four. One multi-state outline book, one California outline book, a practice MBE and practice PTs. The practice PTs book weighs about as much as a small rhinoceros yet there are no practice essays or practice MBE questions in print. Apparently this material will be available online but I would have preferred practice MBE questions at least to work from on paper.

All that aside, I'm excited to be getting started. Work has been relatively horrendous this week but i managed to escape "early" today and leave at 8pm. Big law really has a whole different idea about time, huh...? Anyway, the point is I got home and started looking at my books.

I'm starting with evidence since I have never studied it plus apparently it is H.A.R.D. I can see how - they don't make it easy. For example, the court may exclude a witness subject to exceptions. One of said exceptions is that the witness is a natural person.

I don't know what kinda crazy ass court cases they have in California, but here they only let people testify. I mean how exactly does anyone give evidence who is NOT a natural person? Animals? Cyborgs?

It may be time to put down the book and go to bed...


No comments:

Post a Comment